Minimum Levels of Instructor Certification for a StrongFirst Accredited Gym:
- StrongFirst Instructor Credentials: At the accredited gym, at least 2 StrongFirst Instructor credentials must be held. They can be held by 1 person or amongst 2 or more people (e.g. 1 person with both StrongFirst Girya [SFG] and StrongFirst Lifter [SFL] or 1 person with SFG and another person with SFL).
- NCCA Accreditation: It is not necessary to hold an NCCA Accreditation, but if an Instructor does hold this accreditation, it should be listed and provided to StrongFirst.
- Minimum Certification Level: More than 50% of the facility's trainers must hold at least one current StrongFirst certified Instructor credential.
All Instructors providing StrongFirst Services must be current in their StrongFirst Instructor credentials. Any training sessions and classes advertised by Licensee as taught according to StrongFirst's methods (or reasonably interpreted to be so taught) must be taught by Instructors holding a current StrongFirst Instructor Certification credential relevant to the given training session. This limitation applies to both the group programming described in this Agreement and individual and group programming according to Plan Strong™ and Strong Endurance™, and related programs or sessions. For example, an Instructor must hold an SFG Instructor credential in order to teach a kettlebell class featuring the anti-glycolytic method; or there must be an SFB Instructor credential if the trainer is teaching a TSC pull-up class, etc.
Gym Facility Requirements:
Licensee shall comply with the following requirements during the term of this Agreement in order to maintain the quality of the services and goods related to the Licensed Marks:
- Size: There are no minimum size requirements, but Licensee’s facility must be large enough to safely accommodate all attendees and to allow safe training.
- Appearance: Must be clean, organized and well-maintained.
- Equipment: All equipment must be of commercial quality and sufficient in number and quality to be able to perform StrongFirst program activities. All equipment shall be used in compliance with all manufacturers’ requirements, and shall be maintained and inspected regularly.
- Marketing: Gym must have and maintain its own website and link back to the StrongFirst.com website. Gym must provide to StrongFirst a well-shot and well-edited video training tip, square in format and less than 60 seconds in length, shot within the gym space, to help StrongFirst promote the Accredited Gym.
- Support the StrongFirst Mission, embody the StrongFirst Core Values and live by the StrongFirst Code.
- Host an official StrongFirst Course at least once yearly, to the extent that at least one trainer at the facility is a StrongFirst Course Licensee.
- Host a TSC (Tactical Strength Challenge) event at least once every year.
- Safety: We require that the accredited facility have procedures in place for protecting the safety of students. The accredited facility should also have industry standard procedures (for example, National Strength and Conditioning Association's Emergency Policies and Procedures) in place in case of a medical emergency.
The accreditation committee makes all decisions on whether the facility approval as an accredited facility. Satisfying the above requirements does not lead to automatic approval. The instructors, facility, and geographic location all play a role in the final decision.